Monday, February 09, 2009

Sports -1- Sports Event

What is the most exciting sports event you have been to?
To tell the truth, I don't like watching sports except ice figure skating on TV. On the other hand my younger brother and my mother are into watching baseball games on TV. In my mother's case, she watches baseball game on TV while listening to the game on the radio.I think it is crazy. And some of my friends are also into watching baseball games. When I was in my 20's, I was taken to watch a pro baseball game at a stadium. We couldn't afford to buy infield stands seats, so we watched the game sitting on the outfield stands. To be my surprised they were full of people who cheered a team. Of course my friend was a big fan of the team. They were really exciting and really busy to cheer their team. They have rules to cheer them. According to the rules they cheered the team. I didn't remember how the game was going, because I was too busy cheering to watch he game. BUT probably it is the most exciting sports event for me I've been to.

What is the most expensive ticket price you have paid to see a live event? Was it worth it?
Probably it is the ticket for F1 race in SUZUKA Circuit. Actually the expensive cost was not for for the ticket, but for the transportation. It was difficult to get the ticket. One of my friend got tickets, but unfortunately he had to cancel because of his business. So my husband I went there instead of him by SHINKANSEN (bullet train). It was a one day trip, so it was a really expensive trip. And I was really surprised at the speed , noise(sound?) and punch. I understood why boys (and some girls) tended to loose their heads with cars. If I had a chance I would go and see a car race at the Monaco GP, though I'm not crazy about cars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In America, there are four major sport events where the tickets are difficult to find and expensive to purchase...The Final Four (college basketball national championship), the Super Bowl (professional football), the Masters Tournament (golf) and the US Open (both golf and tennis). Tickets may sell for hundreds of dollars to these events. Car racing is popular in American but the stadiums are so large that I believe the tickets aren't so scarce to buy. With the Recession here, perhaps all of this will change. Jan

Anonymous said...

I know, and the Masters Torunament -- is ----. I'm afraid we are going to go near but we can't see even just the course.