Thursday, March 26, 2009

travel to Aiken in America -5-

There are different styles of houses. Wood house, plastering house, and brick house. Brick house seems to be very popular in this area, because they can get good bricks in this area. "Brick house", when I saw it , recalled me the story of "3 little pigs". Here is actually "America".

Old houses that are more than 80 years old, are mainly wood houses. But they are really maintained well. (My house is 23 years old, nobody doesn't maintain, and we used to have a cat-- so here and there wall papers or poles are scraped. And in my daughter's room there is a big hole after they failed to do a handstand.)
Even about fences, there are lots of styles; wood fence, iron fence.

Some people like something oriental. What is oriental? According to the dic
tionary, oriental means something from countries in E-Asia.

For me (I'm a Japanese), something is "strange", but it's fun. Yes, they are oriental, not Japanesque.
Here and there I saw frog-dolls. Do they love frogs? Some frogs are very realistic. Some people in Japan put frog statue by their
pond or water- p ot in their garden. I have one. Because this area OHYA-stone is famous, so I have one by coincidence.
These days some short stories of Frog and Toad written by Arnold Lobel are taken in textbooks of junior high school students in Japan. So pictures of American frogs are getting popular for young kids.

No comments: