Wednesday, March 25, 2009

travel to Aiken in America -4-

During this stay, Jan served perfect meals every time. We were fully satisfied all of them.






They are really good at using cheese.

I sometimes use cheese, and our familiar cheese are natural cheese, mozzarella (my favorite one), cheddar cheese, and cream cheese.
I know blue cheese but I don't know brie cheese. So this morning I tried to make.
Looks are completely different, I know, but taste is similar.
BUT-- all ingredient except apricot jam are expensive. When we have special guest, I'll serve it.
And the final dinner was "All American " dinner.
grilled steak, cherry tomato and mozzarella cheese salad, baked beans with apples, corn on the cob, and apple pie dessert.
"Finally" I could have "baked beans". I often hear and see the word in English picture books. It was really traditional food. My image was -- "pea-fy", how do I describe? fish-fishy, smoke-smokey, pea--??. I thought it might have had strong pea taste. The taste was really mild, though Jan add apples. We use soy-beans often, and main spice is "soy sauce". And we often azuki-beans. Inside of sweet Japanese dumplings is usually Azuki-bean paste. Beans are popular in every country, and they have own traditional meals using beans. It is interesting, isn't it?
Well, corn was corn. I love baked corn with soy sauce. I told them about baked corn, they seemed not to understand. I found "similar" baked corn.
http://www.justhungry.com/corn-cob-with-butter-and-soy-sauce




























No comments: