Friday, April 24, 2009

Enjoy my life -2-



Today, it is Friday, I'm fine.



In my garden, some flowers are open unobtrusively. Strawberries, Borage, or something. Some kids don't know that flowers of strawberries open in spring. They believe they open in winter, because they eat strawberries cake on Christmas.


Do you know that in TOCHIGI prefecture the domestic products of the strawberry is the top. A farmer who is our acquaintance, work hard in winter and earn the most money of his living expenses in winter and spring. In summer, I don't know where he is. In fall he prepares soil, green houses, and etc.




Yesterday I got this kind of chlorate from a friend who came back from HAWAII. It is the first time to eat KISS chocolate with Macadamia nuts. It's yummy! Have you ever eaten it? Can I buy it in Japan? My friend said it is limited edition in Hawaii. Is it right?


Well, in Japan 100-yen shops are really familiar in our life. The other day I went to one of them, and though I know we can buy most of things there, I was surprised again at seeing these things. I didn't know that we could buy even such display-goods at 100 yen shop. I've wanted these things to make reading picture time more fun. But unfortunately I couldn't find one thing. So I made (sewed) it using a towel and something. Can you guess what I made. It is the roughest. But sewing is fun -- if I do a few times.
Well, I have a question.
Yesterday I tried to solve a question with my students.
I did it, but --- I'm not sure the reason.
Q: Read each clue below. Draw a line to the letters that sound like the correct answer.
MT, EZ, ICU, AB, TP, IOU, IV
I borrowed some money from your piggy bank. --- fifty cents.
A: I owe fifty cents. -- answer is IOU
This math is not hard. It's ----.
A: It's easy. ---answer is EZ
What did the blind man say to the doctor who made him see again? ----
A. I can't see you.--- answer is ICU
What insect makes honey? ---
A. a bee --- answer is AB
What a Plains Indian used to sleep in? ---
A. Tepee --- answer is TP
I drank all my milk. Now my glass is ----.
A. Now my glass is empty. answer is MT
What kind of plant is that?---
A. Ivy---answer is IV.
Is it right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correct with all answers! I bet the students had fun with these word puzzles.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, yes it was fun. And from now another junior high school student class will start. I'm glad to make sure the answers. Thanks again.

mss @ Zanthan Gardens said...

The answers are correct except I C U = I see you.

You pronounce the letters to get the sounds that sounds like words.

So.

I C U = I see you.

NOT, I can't see you.