Monday, September 07, 2009

One week passed

Since Lea came here, one week passed.
She will live with us for three months, so she is not a guest, a member.
So Yuki and I tried to do our usual life.

She has breakfast at 6:45 with us, and she goes to school by bus (it takes 10minutes on walk to the bus stop, and she get on the bus at 6:39). If she comes until 7 o'clock in the evening, Lea and I have dinner together and I have a lesson from 8 to 10 at night. (If she doesn't come until 7, she has dinner alone, it can't be helped)


While I'm teaching, she can take shower (or bath, but she seems not to like Japanese bath, I don't care)

Last week, after I finish my lesson, I knock on the door of her room --- she already felt asleep.
The school life (mostly done by Japanese, of course) makes her very tired. But she came to do that.



At the meeting I heard host mother didn't need to make OBENTOU, but in her high school, I know, most students take their Obentou. (My elder daughter also went to the school). So I decided to make OBENTOU three times a week.


Last Saturday both of us busy, but she was free, so she woke up late, cleaned the room, and took walk in the neighborhood.

Yesterday, we took her to eat AYU (the fish in the river) to YANA, because YUKI was at home.


This week she will chose what club she belongs to, swimming club, KYUDOU (Japanese archery) club, dancing club. I don't know, but I hope she enjoys her school life and make many friends in the high school.


Well, her Japanese --- I "wish" to improve -- but it might not work. Many people want to talk with her in English.

For her "h" sound seems to be difficult.
She practices every morning looking at chopsticks.
Chopsticks --HASHI
bridge --HASHI
legs --ASHI

for her these words hear the same.
On the other hand, though I knew it SHOO-CREAM is not English, it is French.
And I heard its real French sound yesterday.
Yes in French cream puff was SHOO-CREAM.
And in Japan cream puff is SHOO-CREAM.

1 comment:

mss @ nipponDAZE said...

I find it fascinating that the foreign exchange student you are hosting is French. Do you communicate mostly in English?

Unless she studied Japanese before she came to Japan, she might have a difficult time improving her Japanese. It's true. People just want to practice their English with you. But I think another reason is that most Japanese people aren't used to teaching Japanese as a second language. They're not use to trying to explain Japanese to foreigners.