Sunday, September 20, 2009

Septeumber is almost finished

Now in Japan we have "Silver week", it means we have five consecutive holidays. (In May we have five or seven consecutive holidays , it is called "Golden week" --but it depends on the company, kids have usually three or four consecutive holidays.)
For my husband Yuki it is just usual weekend, but this time he takes one day off on Monday.
So we have three consecutive holidays.
and,tomorrow ,we , including Lea, are going to go out somewhere.
And in my mind, Halloween is just around the corner.
Halloween, itself, it's not so popular in Japan, except sweets shop and kid's English world.


Now here and there we can see pumpkin sweets, and here and there I hear "What event are you going to do this year?".
I'm thinking about the event, but anyway, yesterday I decorated something in the entrance hall.
Lea, said "Wow, big ghost".Yes, it's ghost.
At that time a postman brought some mails, and said "I hope we'll have nice days in Silver week".
Lea and I said "???"
He said, "What a big TEL-TEL- BOUZU".
I said, "Yes, I hope we'll have nice days in these holidays".
Do you know what is TEL-TEL- BOUZU?

In the garden, some flowers or herb are almost finished. But a plant is still growing. The photo on the left is the balcony on the second floor. What 's this vine? It comes from, of course, the ground on the first floor. It's GOYA. It has a small flower. I don't know whether it changes into GOYA.
Anyway I should organize the garden.
Well, Well, these days I sometimes get GOTOSUCHI MONO, it means something with local flavor. For example, the city I live is famous for GYOZA, so we have potato chips with GYOZA flavor, or rice crackers with GYOZA flavor. Additionally, my younger daughter recommends saying "GYOZA cashew nuts are yummy." (Usually people who live here don't buy them.)
This week I got Pritz with NOZAWANA flavor, thin rice crackers with UJI-green tea flavor, and yesterday I got rice crackers with SURUGA shrimp flavor. Do you have such things with local flavor?































2 comments:

mss @ nipponDAZE said...

Okay. I laughed and laughed at this post. It's true that Halloween "ghost" decorations look like teruteru-bouzu and whenever I see them in Austin, I hope that they aren't driving away the rain. (We are in a terrible drought and need the rain.)

But I never thought that the opposite would happen. That someone in Japan would put up a Halloween ghost and have other people mistake it for a teruteru-bouzu.

Glad your Jack-o'-lantern project turned out so nicely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, yes you are rignt.
And do you know the song of teruteru bouzu?
Teru teru bozu, teru bozu
a--shita tenki ni shite okure.

Unfortunatley now typhon is coming near.
Are you Ok?