Saturday, July 10, 2010

Now I'm home

Hot, Hot, Hot & Humid!

Now I'm home. I've just come back from a meeting at the office of the company that I belong to.
In one hour a junior high school student "is coming" to take a small test again because she didn't get enough score last night.


This week, probably I had spent every day as usual, it means I could do all classes and all chores without skipping and "forgetting".

This hotness makes my brain freeze.
Who is such a crazy man? Who on earth is playing golf & tennis?



Today actually it is really hot, but we didn't hear the announce that "rainy season is finished."

Actually last Tuesday and Thursday they were cloudy,and sometimes drizzling.

On the other hand yesterday's rain was actually summer rain, just when junior high school student were on the way from school, it was raining cats and dogs.



Well, Well, I'll tell you a thing.

The other day I sent some "fresh" corn that I got at a farmer's shop nearby to my daughters and my mother. They seemed to enjoy the corn.

How do you usually cook corn?
We usually boil them to eat.
Yes, boiling is not so troublesome. But these days many people use microwave oven instead of boiling with a pot, because it is easier. My mother also has the microwave oven, but she doesn't like to use it.
So she boiled them as usual way,with a big pot.

But the farmer recommended "cooked corn by the microwave oven has better taste than boiled corn with a big pot", so I put a note in the box with the corn. She didn't believe it.
My mother, she is a really good person, but she is "stubborn" to her style. It can't be helped.

To tell the truth, I didn't compare the taste yet. It's troublesome for me to prepare a big pot, so I cooked them with the microwave oven, and I knew the taste was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My usual way of preparing corn on the cob: put about 1 inch of water in large pot and corn. Bring to boil and turn off heat. Let corn sit for about 20 minutes. The steam cooks the corn without washing out the flavor and making the corn tough (that boiling seems to do.)

Mieko said...

Thanks for the comment. I had to use the word of "corn on the cob", like you. Thanks.
And it's a perfect "traditional" or "authentic" way to cook fresh corn cob, isn't it. Do you use an usual large pot? My mother had a large waterless pot. Now it is in my house, and ---- I seldome use it. OK, next time I cook fresh corn on the cob with a waterless pot.