Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why???

I was asked two "why"s.
1. Why do Japanese people like to travel overseas?
2. Why do so many Japanese people join a tour?


My answer with a little bit sarcasm is
1. Because every place around is "Japan", same air. When we to abroad, we can breath completely different air, and we see different ethnic groups.
(And these days the cost of a little bit far domestic trips is as much as the one of foreign travels to neighbor countries)

2. We are not used to be isolated from Japanese, and usually the language we can speak is Japanese. And the cost is much cheaper than personal trips.


Now I finished my lunch. This early morning I made curry. Yuki and I ate it for breakfast, now I ate it for my lunch, and probably I'm going to eat it for my dinner, and tomorrow we'll eat it for our breakfast again. And probably it will have gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments about traveling overseas are very interesting. Living on islands is, by its very nature, limiting; and especially since the language is unique to those islands alone. Transportation within Japan IS very expensive but you are fortunate in that your country is a gateway to many other countries in the Far East and therefore you have major transportation availabilities. The airlines want to have full planes coming from and going to Korea, China, Thailand, etc. so they make fares attractive. Today I looked up economy class example fares here in the US. From Atlanta to Los Angeles (2000 miles) non-stop is $698. From Atanta to London, UK, (4000 miles) is $2427. Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments Jan.
Living in this island with one racial group makes me (or us) sometimes laid-back, somedimes lazy and conseervative, and somedimes confined.

Well, finally Yuki's company allowed their employee to go abroad on business trip by "business class".