Thursday, August 26, 2010

ATUIDESUNE----

Everybody says, "ATSUIDESUNE". It means, yes, you can guess, "It's hot, isn't it?" The rhubarb in the garden couldn't survive this heat. I hope the rood is alive.
On the other hand basil is fine, and the leaves are not eaten by bugs. (Shiso-leaves (kind of Japanese herb) are almost eaten bu bugs.)




The other day I attend a reunion of ---, you'll be surprised, mothers whose kids went to the same kindergarten. My younger daughter M 's class was called NIJI-GUMI (rainbow).There were about 30 kids, and on the day more than 20 members attend to the main party. I had a class so I couldn't attend it. But at 10:30 PM when I just finished my lesson, the phone rang. "Now follow-party starts, it's your turn." So I went there. About 10 members were there.
I often meet one of them, because I get my hair cut at her beauty salon. I sometimes meet and talk with another . Some of them I see at supermarket because they live nearby. And I meet other year others at the reunion once a year or every other year. Our reunion is held once a year or every other year.
Though the kids were in the same kindergarten, but they went to different elementary schools, junior high schools, and high schools. And now some of them work.
When our children are young, they were actually "cute" , "innocent", and apart from the world of grade. Probably it is a rule not to say where they go to school, where they work.
Friend "How's M-chan (my daughter) doing?"
I "She's fine, she is in TOKYO and lives with my daughter, the house is next to my mother."
Friend "Oh, you're lucky."
I "Oh, no I pay the rent to my mother"
Friend "How is your mother? Is she fine?"
I "Yes, she's fine, thank you, she is getting old though"
Friend "we too"
We had an idle talk for a while. It seems that we waste our time. But to have such in idle talk is a secret to keep the reunion.

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

It is always nice to get a chance to reminisce. I always enjoying seeing the parents of my oldest sons' friends from early childhood...it instantly takes me back to when he was still small.. Is same true for you? Sounds as if it was an enjoyable evening/night,albeit a busy one. :)

Mieko said...

Thanks for your commets Tarran08,
Yes, it is same, and the reunion remaind us of "my" youth as a mother.