Friday, March 18, 2011

It's sunny

Today it's sunny and not so cold. I'm able to stay here without heater. This area is going to be blacked out in the evening, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Without electric --- I will have to be in the bed and have a nap listening to a radio that works with dry cell batteries.

The bad situation about gasoline and kerosene is not solved. Some kindergartens closed ---their buses to pick up kids don't run because of lack of gasoline. High schools are closing too because of trains that don't run enough because of rolling blackouts.

In the morning Yuki and I went to a supermarket nearby -- of course on foot.

Well, in the supermarket there were many people. Not only women, some couples like us were there. Some offices are closing because of the damage or rolling blackouts. Yuki's office got damaged. Fortunately yesterday the office network recovered. So he is working at home.

What did we buy? We have enough foods. ---- We bought special cleanser for the bath. It's a good time to share the house chores, so I ask him to do some special thing, that means the things usually I don't, I can't, or I won't. He washed the bath nozzle? or bath heater with it.

This morning I "clicked" the computer -- it means I bought two woolen hats from the net. I don't know when they come. I hope until they come, everything will be more stable than now.

4 comments:

Kharina said...

Hi Mieko. Glad to hear you are trying to make the best out of a horrible situation. I'm glad your and your faily are safe and we all in UK are thinking and helping the best we can. x

Anonymous said...

Mieko, has this crisis changed your thinking about your life? Will you do things differently to be prepared for any future earthquakes? When you went to the grocery store, was it stocked or were the shelves empty? Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Kharina
I'm not affected directly so hard, so no problam. Thinking of some of my friends and the pepole who affected directly --- what can I do for them?
These past few days some people say it is too much reports on TV. But some people live as usual, so without this reports such people must be patient their striced daily life with rolling blackouts.

Mieko said...

Jan, from a local view,the most surprised thing was why bags of rice disappeared from supermarkets in "this" area. There is supposed to be "enough" rice in TOCHIGI prefecture.

And I think anyway our daughters are safe now, and they are almost independent. So Yuki and I don't need to adhere our life. --- probably when the situation will be more stable, I'll adhere our life again. And I have to do what I'm able to now ---- so we try to dispose "some" old things --- but it's still difficult.