Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The members of our Toastmaster club are great

Hi, there. Today it is "warm" and sunny. Yesterday it was cloudy and sometimes it rained. Additionally the day before yesterday it was sleety rain though fortunately we didn't have snow.
The climate seemed to twirl around.
Well, well, last Sunday I attended our Toastmaster club meeting after so long, probably a half of year passed since I attended it.

For me, the society of Toastmaster is an only (too exaggerate expression) society to do with business men and women. Actually only I say "I'm a housewife".
On the other hand I wonder why mothers who are interested in this Toastmaster club are difficult to attend it though fathers (who are businessmen) can attend it to improve their speech skills in Japanese and English. I know their feeling very well but somewhere it's strange.

Anyway, I don't blame fathers. In fact I enjoyed the conversation with the businessmen.
And when sometimes my students' fathers pick them up, I enjoyed the conversation with the fathers.

At the meeting, a man talked about how much he dedicates to marathon. He showed his training date scientifically. A lady talked about how important it is to use voice tone as the situation demands. A man talked about how to communicate with foreign businessmen in Utsunomiya.
And a lady talked about how important to ask help to others.

A lady who comes to attend this meeting from Sendai by bullet train, said "To attend this meeting makes me raise awareness of the issue in usual life."
Me either.

In the house "I" am a "queen", so most of things are determined by myself without any interference.I tend to be smug, and it is the last thing I can.

No comments: