Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MOCHI


According to the government report, this area was going to be blacked out this early morning. But fortunately it was not done, though in this afternoon it is planned again. Last night I prepared to grill MOCHI on the stove. So this morning I did it. Usually I grill them with electric oven toaster.(open toaster is an English word????) I know we can cook on the stove, but than my expectation they were grilled much better and taste was good.

Yesterday one woman called me about picture books, so I talked with her for a while on the phone. A neighbor dropped by, saying "If you need to help, I'll bake cake". I think some or many people want to make a social network, (or make association??? --- how do you say in English?) , it seems to be difficult,. Anyway I'll do what I can do.

6 comments:

Helen said...

We usually say "toaster oven". That's how my husband grills his mochi!

Sounds like you could have an English club or circle, or group, or....We have a lot of words that would work for this!

Mieko said...

Hello Helen. Are you OK? How's the weather in YAMAGATA?
Thanks for telling the word "toaster oven". It's opposite of Japanese, isn't it. ===English club, or circle,--- it's close, just I want someone who is interested in English picturebooks a little to come in and drop by.

Anonymous said...

Distasters, such as what Japan has experienced, often bring people together, for at least a period of time. Some would call it a "survivors mentality." This is perhaps what you are experiencing but it's a good thing so enjoy it. Good for you for reaching out and opening your home. Perhaps it isn't so common in Japanese society? Jan

Helen said...

Tonight, it's rainy and a little snowy in Yamagata.

Brr!

Mieko said...

Jan, opening house is one of thing I learned from you. Though Yuki and I often talk about the life of you and Nick, your life that we visit and see gave us new way to think of our life.

Mieko said...

Helen, snowing--- it seems to be cold. Even though some TOHOKY area is still blacked out, but anyway your area is not planned to have rolling blackouts. I'm relieved to hear that.