Friday, April 01, 2011

Sweets party

Last night four junior high school students (two of them are first grade students in this spring) came to take my lessons. Before the lesson we had a party to congratulate two of them on their new high school, and the others on their new grade to become the second grade.





And two high school students brought their homemade sweets --- cooking sweets from an English book was homework.


They made cream puff, banana cake, chocolate cookies, and I made oatmeal cookies and carrots cake.

They goes to a different high school, but it has no problem. All of them are teen ages, it means they never run out of conversation topics. In Japanese we say "laugh at the drop of chopsticks"


Today's our breakfast was leftover carrot cake.

4 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! The baked goodies look delicious... and includes several of my favorites!! I love carrot cake and must confess I have never made one from scratch,(homemade) I admire your cooking skills, and the students ability in baking is most impressive! :)

Mieko said...

Tarrah, thanks for your comments.
To tell the truth, my homebatry baked the carrot cake, I just put all ingredients and shredded carrots into it.This book seems to be easy for students and me. What kind of cooking book do you recommend to kids?

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! Sorry for the delay in responding.. I have been attempting to clean up the seemingly never ending task of raking and bagging the many piles of leaves in the yard, its such a task to keep my 5 year old daughter out of the piles, as she loves to jump and kick them around... fun for her, not so much for me :) Here are some of the books we have tried and really liked: Cooking Fun by Rae Grant,
Fairies Cookbook by Barbara Beery is a really fun one with lots of interesting things to make,
Kida in the Kitchen Year 'Round Fun Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch is also a really great one, we actually bought this one last year.
Let me know if you are able to try any of them out. :)

Mieko said...

Thanks Tarrah, I'll buy one of them, and try to cook something usting the book.