Monday, April 11, 2011

earthquakes

Today I'm at home, and have no lessons.
Just I said "Whew".
In the evening we had a hailstorm with thunder for a while and after that we had a big earthquake and some little earthquakes. Now it's almost seven o'clock.Even now we have some little earthquakes. It is said they are all aftershocks after the TOHOKU earthquake.
I turned on the radio. In Tohoku area they are blacked out again. Fortunately this area isn't blacked out. And there is only I in this house, so I'm not worried about my students. If some students were here with me----.
Just new terms started. (In Japan April is the first month of our school and fiscal year.)

Tomorrow I'll be at a children center at the same time. Will students come there? Probably they will come, because this area isn't any damaged like the other day. And everybody want to do usual life as much as we can.
But --- to tell the truth I'm a little bit scared of these days earthquakes.


On the other hand, --- today I went to a clinic to take herbal medicine. There is woman in the clinic. And she knew she is a pregnant. She evacuated from FUKUSHINA to this area, because her address is near the nuclear plant. She looks happy and worried. Anyway she's going back to her mother's house for a while. For her it might be difficult to get back her usual life. She has to face a new life.

Well, rains seemed to have gone, but it is getting cold. Yesterday even in this area cherry blossoms suddenly bloomed because it was warm day. And probably because of this coldness, the cherry blossoms will stop blooming. It means Yuki and I will be able to see beautiful cherry blossoms before their finishing on this weekend--- though just a new week has started.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Not all of Tohoku blacked out again. Where I am didn't, and as far as I know, Akita didn't either.

Still getting tired of all of these earthquakes!

Mieko said...

Helen it's OK. The areas side of the Japan sea are not so damaged this time.
Anyway I agree with you. Please earthquakes-SAN go away!