Monday, April 04, 2011

spring

Yesterday I gardened "a little", and I found my spring. This year we will able to eat rhubarb pie. And Mitsbua (a kind of Japanese herb) has also sprouted their young leaves. You might be afraid of radiation, but we are not afraid of it. Here at least it is 150km far from the nuclear power plant. And in the afternoon, Yuki drove me to a home gallery, it means that a woman opens her house as a gallery once a month. It was about an hour drive. Here FUJIWARA-IKUZOU exhibition was held. He is a pottery-wall artist whose base is in MASHIKO. Fortunately the artist Mr.Fujiwara was there, so we could listen to him about the process of his doing crafts. Now he is interested in recycle glass more than pottery, so he makes something from used fluorescent lights, and other kinds of glass products. Of course talking with him was fun, but for me I was interested the home gallery Ms.Keiko opened. She used to be an owner of an Ontarian restaurant and after her retirement she started to open her house sometimes as a gallery. Her house is remote, and not so new house. But it is organized, cleaned and chic. I wish I could open my house as an English picture books gallery with some illustrators or translators.

No comments: