Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wedensday's topic

The topic of yesterday's lesson for adults was"Getting well".
Q1 Do you get a flu shot each year? Do you take your children to get flu shots? Do you think it's a great idea? Why or why not?

Last year I didn't get a flu shot. To tell the truth usually I don't get a flu shot. Because in season of flu shots (around November) I often catch colds, so I always miss the chance. On the other hand I would take my daughters to get flu shots, because I didn't want them not to be absent from school especially examination days. And my mother who is 76 years old gets a flu shot every year. She says "It's a good idea. It avoid getting the flu, and if I got the flu, the symptom would not be so bad."

Q2 When you catch a cold, how long does it usually last.

Once I catch a cold, usually it lasts a week though I seldom come down with a fever.
If I came down with a fever, I could cancel all of schedule. When I have a cold, I spend days as usual while I feel bad, and I often take a nap.

Q3 Which do you get more often, head colds or chest colds?

I get head colds with a slight headache, and runny nose.
On the other hand, if my husband catches a cold, it is usually a chest cold.
So we have two different kinds of cold medicine in our home medicine box.

How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get a flu shot because my doctor says that there are so many types of flu that one shot cannot prevent it.
For me, colds usually last longer than flu but flu is more "violent" and uncomfortable. But, usually I only get either one every few years (not annually). Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, you are lucky, and actaully me too.I don't remember when I got the flu.. though as you know I often catch a cold. In my case having a cold avod catching the flu.