Monday, August 08, 2011

charcoal cake


This Wednesday I served this "charcoal cake" to my adult students. Having sweets is one of my lesson. Jan said "it's ash cake, isn't it". --- Yuki and I talked about the difference of ash and charcoal. This cake includes ground bamboo charcoal, so after burning the charcoal, it get ash. So it is "charcoal cake".

Anyway ever body was really surprised, and happy. All of them are really interested in health, and loves healthy food. So they enjoyed them. ( I don't know they buy one again for themselves, but I bet they buy one for their friends)
I thought such a a thing is only in Japan. But Jan said "I know ash cheese". It made me surprised. And I searched something charcoal, or ash. Charcoal crackers, Charcoal cheese --- there are lots of things in the word as a healthy food.

Have you ever had anything including charcoal?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can we eat charcoal?
is that really a cake that had been made of from charcoal?

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comment.
And sure it's a real cake, and it's made of flour, eggs, sugar and poweder of bamboo-charcoal.
Bamboo-carcoal, itselef, doesn't have taste, but it's said to include lots of mineral. And it makes the color of cake black.