Monday, August 01, 2011

Toast Master meeting

Yesterday I attended a monthly Toast Master meeting. This time I organized a table topic section in English.
I didn't decide the them until the very last minute, and I chose a safe them, it was "summer".
--------------------------------------------------
This summer is also an unusual summer like last year. Rainy season finished earlier than usual, and in early July unusual hotness attacked Japan. And these days we have unusual cool days. Anyway  we often use the word of summer as a  seasonal greeting like my starting speech. So we'll talk more about summer.

First, do you have anything special event in this summer?
One of my high school students have been in the U.S for about two weeks as an abroad student.
And another one is going to go to SENDAI to do volunteer work helping people who had the disaster of TOHOKU earthquake.

Second, do you have any countermeasure against hot summer?
Here and there  we see green curtains made of GOYA , morning glories, or plants with trailing vine.
Two weeks ago Yuki and I went to buy SUDARE (bamboo shade) at a home center nearby. But they were all sold out.

Third, what is your favorite food in summer?
As someone knows I'm really interested in food. In summer I usually enjoy cold noodle like cold soba, cold Chinese noodle. And this year I'm into cold TANTANMEN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tantanmen looks very nice but a lot of work "from scratch"...do you make it or just order it when you eat out?

Mieko said...

That's a good point. If you know me, you understand I don't do from scratch. We have various typs of half finished tantanamen.