Sunday, August 07, 2011

cobs of corn

Which way do you use to cook cobs of corn---, microwaving them or boiling them?
You might say "we don't do the both way , just bake them."

But in Japan since "my mother was child" (it means since ancient times) we boiled cobs of corn. Since we had microwave, some people prefer microwaving them. Because it's quick, and easy. But we would often trust the taste of boiling them would be better.

But these days we have many kinds of cobs of corns, and I think they become sweeter, farmers says people prefer sweeter corn. And farmers recommend to microwave cobs instead of boiling.

Today I bought some cobs, and I microwaved a cob, and I boiled the others.
The taste is --- both of them were good, though boiling cobs are  a little bit salty, because I put some salt in the pot. I talked on the phone my mother who is 78 years old, As I thought she didn't believe it and she never thought to try once.

No comments: