Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I didn't know that.

It has been half year since the disaster. Fortunately I don't affect anything directly though some blocks of fence fell down. So to tell the truth the atomic issue isl thought of as someone else's problem.
But...

Now fall is just around the corner. So I called on a farmer who grows Halloween pumpkins as his hobby.
Mieko "Hello, this is Mieko. How about your pumpkins this year?"
Mr.Y "Oh, long time no see you. Sorry, this year my fields had lots of damage, so I couldn't plant pumpkin seeds. Were your house all right?"
--- I was really surprised. He lives in the same prefecture, the place is about 15km to north from here.
We talked for a while, and hanged up the phone.

Yesterday I went to KARAKU to play the piano. Master is really disappointed.
Mieko "Why do you look so disappointed? in two weeks you'll go to America to see your grand child."
(Master and his wife is going to go to America to help their daughter. They are having their second grand child.)
Master "It's difficult to pack for our trip, Every agricultural food from Tochigi is prohibited to bring into America. Two week staying without Japanese food made in Tochigi is difficult for us."
I didn't know that until now not only from Tochigi,  but also from Fukushima, Miyagi, and Sendai, their agriculture food is prohibited to bring into America. And all Japanese agricultural food is prohibited to bring into Europe."
I'm really surprised at knowing Tochig's product is included.

Come to think about it, for foreigners, there is no difference where Tochigi is and where Fukushima is.
It can't be helped.

Now I re-understand that I live in Japan that suffered from the big earthquake and now facing the big problem of atomic power. Though I read news paper fulled of this problem every day, I have to think about it more seriously. On the other hand I think what I can do is just waiting.

 Well today I served this cherry pie. my neighbor baked it.

No comments: