Sunday, November 20, 2011

vegetables

To my delight, these days I met new or rear vegetables. The other day I met "NATA-beans". I decorate them on the shelf in the entrance hall.  Everybody who open the door is surprised to see them.


The other day I got enormous cauliflower. As you know there are only two members in this house. How do we eat all of them? First I thought I would boil the bunches and keep them as frozen ones.
But --- I made curry using all of them.


And yesterday I bought Blue-papaya. Have you eaten one?
I didn't  know how to cook, so I got recipe with it. It's easy we can eat it in any way, like uncooked or cooked, though I have to pill the thick skin.

Probably next morning I'll cook it. This evening I'll go out for dinner with Yuki.


Today it is Sunday.
Yuki has gone to play golf. I went to the library to read English picture books at a small room in the morning. Today about 20 people (kids and their parents) came to listen to us. And now while I'm waiting for YUKI, I'm playing on the computer like updating my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried to make cauliflower soup? It's delicious! Jan

Mieko said...

Jan I want to say that "I'll make one next", but don't you know that -- Yuki doesn't like broccoi and cauliflower?
So I'll make cauliflower cream soup. And Of course I make this curry with my presser cooker.