Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My favorite story book

I'm groaning quietly in front of the PC. I have to write a report about "my favorite story book". I like reading. And I'm quick reader. I tend to read books randomly.So I'm not into a writer, or a book.
What should I write about???

Do you have any your favorite story books?
Do you answer it immediately if you are asked?

When I was a child, I used to read a series of Sherlock Holmes.
Did I like detective stories? I don't think so. I like to read Anne of Green Gables, and Little Women.

I don't remember what I read when I was a teen-ager, though I read a lot or I had to read a lot.
When I was in high school, I liked to pretend to be mature, so I used to read some ethic books like Nietzsche's works, and Kant's works. --- but I don't memorize anything.
Once I was into poems.

When I worked at a company, probably I had no time to read books  fun, I read various computer books and medical books to my work.
When I became a mother,  I read various "mother's books to become a good mother.

When my daughters were teen-agers, I used to read many books which were written how to deal with teen-agers.

And now I tend to read the books which were written about senior life plan,or the life itself. so I face to myself calmly.
Reading book always gives me the direction which way I would go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite books to read are cookbooks! I often read them cover to cover, and get out old ones to re-read. Other than that, at this point in my life I usually read to relax (often at bedtime) so it's light mysteries, romance, historical fiction, medical information (primariy nutrition), and gardening. I find that my mind "wanders" if I try to read too seriously...plus there is very little for me to be "serious" about in retirement!If I study, it's usually bridge. Jan

Mieko said...

Jan I'm writting "the" monthly report with this title for a club letter. So please check it later.

mss @ nipponDAZE said...

I also like Anne of Green Gables. The first time I read it was in Japan. The 1989 movie "Red-Headed Anne" had just come to Japan and we went to see it. Since then, I have read all the books in the series and I have read the journals of the author, Lucy Maud Montgomery. Although she wrote such optimistic books, her own life was very sad and depressing.

I read a lot of different kinds of books, mostly biography and memoir. However, every day I try to study Japanese by reading Harry Potter. I read a few sentences in Japanese and then compare them to the English version to see how I'm doing. My Japanese is still very poor so this is a slow process.

Mieko said...

Once I read Harry Potter in English, there were two kinds of difficulty. One was the sentences themselves because it was written in English. But I could manage to read it. The other was the words. Tim who lives in the UK, gave a lot of help. Names of charactes and places have connotatation. Of course it was also difficult for me to understand even in Japanese. But Harry Potter is one of my intresting books.