Thursday, September 07, 2017

Seasonal word 0907 katydid


 
Katydid ? What is it? And according to this article, "grasshopper" is said to be a old-fashioned word.
Is it true?
 
Katydid, why you know, it is what he wants to do.
 (Hi might play the violin on duty.)
 
Until your life comes to the end, keep nimble, katydid
  (so you never become a bedridden elderly person.)  
 
 
Well, I  have already seen mantises and crickets, but I haven't seen katydids yet. (Though I can't distinguish the sound of crickets from the one of katydid.)
 

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hmmm! Grasshoppers and katydids are completely different insects, aren't they? The old story is The Ant and the Grasshopper. The Grasshopper is the lazy one. (I think I'm a grasshopper! Lol!)

Mieko said...

Rosa, thanks for your comment. Green autumm bugs seem to be called grasshopper, however, long-horned grasshoppers seem to have special name Katydid, and jumping grasshoppers seem to have locust,. Additionally the color of clickeats is brown. I. This season, sometimes crickets are aight in a trap for cockroaches