Friday, October 12, 2018

Good grief!

This time last year, I participated in a  walk-rally with my family Yuki, M, Ah-chan and me.
Though I walked about 3 km, I didn't feel any pain.

However, -- in the last few days I took a  20 minute walk wearing walking shoes.
Then the day before yesterday (just three days passed), I felt strange pain in my feet.
I asked the doctor, who cares for my stiff shoulder about the pain.
He said "I don't see  any special problem, probably the pain caused by fatigue of your  feet. Did you do anything hard suddenly?"

Until last May, I regularly   walked for 20 minutes as much as I could.
Even while M and Ah-chan  were here with us in this summer, I couldn't do my regular walking.  But I went to Tokyo  a couple times, and every time I walked more than 7000 steps. Additionally on the day we saw them off at Narita airport, my pedometer on my cell phone showed 7000 steps. However I never felt such a pain during those days.

My doctor said "there is a difference between normal walking and brisk walking.
Probably I walked too briskly, and my feet muscles which are usually not used must have been surprised and exhausted .

On the other hand, I thought, probably my shoes are the culprit. It must have gotten "old".
So I bought a new pair of walking shoes on the way home after  my shoulder and feet treatment.

I did a good shopping.
 

2 comments:

Marta Mae said...

Did you change your shoes between the walks after which you did not hurt and recent that ended in pain? If you got used to shoes with relatively thick cushioned soles, sudden change to walking shoes with thin flat and very flexible soles may cause such pain. It will pass though as your feel get stronger! I used to run in "regular" running snickers but about two years ago switched to "barefoot" minimal shoes or very thin-soled flexible ones. My feet hurt after walking about one kilometer although in old thick shoes I was able to run 15 km! But then I got used to them and had no more any pain. There are shoes and shoes, and our feet are more sensitive than we think!

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments. I like the sentence、" our feet are more sensitive than we thing" , and the more correct sentence for me ( not you) is that " my feet get much older than I think". Anyway , now I enjoy my new shoes. Additionally, Yuki also bought his new golf shoes from the same reason.