Monday, April 05, 2010

April has started

Every morning on the news we hear that "Today cherry blossoms started to bloom in ****". Unfortunately here in Utsunomiya they don't yet. Probably this weekend.
Anyway April has started. Today it is raining and very cold like winter.

Our elder daughter started to work at the art school where she graduated this March. She works there 4 days in a week, from 9 to 6 or 8. Though she is hired as a part time worker, the work is the same as the full time work. The big difference is an insurance system. It can't be helped.
And May she is going to go to another art school as a student once a week.

Younger daughter became a third grade student in a women's university. On the other hand she worked a part time jog at an architectural firm two days in a week.

My husband works as usual. Now in Japan we are in a big economic recession, so fortunately or unfortunately he can (has to) come back at around 10, not at midnight.

Me, --- the number of students decreased a little bit, but my schedule is not changed. In the morning twice a week I do volunteer to read English picture books at nursery schools. And about 4 o'clock, my lessons start every day. And every night from 8 to 10 junior high school students or high school students come. I don't have many students, and the room is not big. So my classes are like tutorial classes.
And probably once a month I go to a child's center and a public library to read English picture books. Additionally I go to KARAKU to play the piano once a month.

Yesterday Yuki and I went to TOKYO to listen to a KARAOKE recital. My mother-in-law sang there. She is now 84 years old, but she doesn't seem old at the place ----- many many many--- elder people in wonderful dress for the recital was enjoying there. And many family came to "see" them like us. The recital was supported by Suginami award as a project, so it was a kind of public concert. The theme of the project is making a bright ( lively?) society (for elder people).

These days our government seems to focus on children service more than elder people's. And everybody knows that it is necessary to bolster at nursing service to weakened elder people. On the other hand it is really important to get places for fine elder people to do something in public. So this project is really good, I think.

I'm happy to see that everybody enjoys their life, they are grumbling sometimes though.
And the person who is grumbling the most is ---me. What should I do?????

2 comments:

Tamara Marnell said...

In America we're in a recession too. Actually, we're the origin of the recession. Sorry about that. I'm glad everyone in your family was able to find/keep jobs.

Mieko said...

Thanks Tamara.
The most important thing is that everybody is fine, isn't it.
Tiger Woods came again. It is one of the biggest news in Japan.