Monday, January 29, 2007

What do you ask for to governor of your prefecture?

Yesterday I attended a meeting managed a man. I'm a house wife and private teacher, so it is a few chance to talk with men except my husband. (It's interesting, when I was in my 20's and 30's I seldom had a chance with women except my mother and two friends.) The members attending the meeting make a speech within a limit time. There are various speeches; a long speech, a short speech. The themes are decided by the chairman on the day or we can decide by ourselves. Probably if the all attendance were women, something political couldn't be chosen as a theme.
Yesterday the theme I was given was that "what do you ask for to governor of your prefecture?”I was really puzzled, because I've never thought of such thing.
My speech was that; it’s really difficult to talk about such thing immediately; I always manage to accept this situation hard, so I've never thought of asking for something.But If I asked for something to our governor to live more comfortable, I'd ask for three things.
The first one is building more public high schools. There are probably about 20 public high schools and most of them are concentrated in the main city. For these decades many companies came to this area so living area gets wider. Elementary schools and junior high schools are reconsidered where they are needed, but high schools are not reconsidered. Now it is the time to reconsider where they are needed and they have to build equally around the prefecture.
The second is making more parking area in the urban area. Probably every body thinks the same thing. Apparently doughnut-phenomenon occurs. The main transport way is "car" in this area. So to make the urban area more active, more parking area is necessary. If it is easy to go there, people go there even if there are a few interesting shops. BUT more people come, more interesting shops appear.
The third one is selling more local veg. We have lots of field. BUT we buy other prefecture's veg or agricultural product at shop. What a good thing if we bough veg or auricular product directly by farmer. Probably it is difficult, but I think it is possible to get such things by short-cut way than TOKYO. It is funny to buy veg the same way of big city.
That's all.I hope these sentences make sense

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the local farmers could organize a farmer's market--where you could buy directly from them. We have a couple in the Austin area. One is held every Saturday across the river from my house. It feels great to support our local farmers.

Mieko said...

To david
Thanks for dropping by on my site, I checked your site, it's a really inteseting site. but unfortunately I don't live in TOKYO now(though I was born and grown up in TOKYO). so I don't have good recently information about TOKYO and I don't find where my site is able to be linked. What page on your site do I check if you like my page?

At nearby village (it takes 3 minutes by car) such morning open market is held probably every Saturdays. I hope I can get fresh veges nearby shops.