Monday, February 12, 2007

white beer


Yesterday my husband and I went on shooping to a depertment store nearby to get good quality pork. After an interval of 2 weeks we (my husband, my yougher daughter and I) was going to have dinner together.

Incidentally we dropped in at liquor shop to get a little qood quality drink. There my husband found a bottle of white beer. When he went to Belgium on his busniess drip, I heard, he always have this kind of beer. (According to him, when he ordered beer saying just "beer please", usually this kind of beer was served.) It reminded him of that trip , so he bought some bottles.

Actaully I'm not strong at alcohol, having a sip is tasty. BUT having more gives me a headache quickly. So wine, beer and cocktail are too tasty for me to drink much.

When I took a sip of white beer. It tasted strange. I've haven this taste somewhere before. It reminded me of licorice. I checked the ingredients. It included orange peel and coriander. There was a label of spicy beer.

This beer is OK for me to sip it. (In Japan, usually beel is gulped.)


Well, I found an interesting notice.

According alcohol law in Japan, this drink includes some spice, so it doesn't belong to a group of beer. Well, does it belong to what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even after visiting in Japan, I still get a chuckle when people talk about buying things like meat in a department store. I know it's common in other countries, thinking of Harrod's in London for example, but I cannot think of one department store in the USA that sells fresh food. I wonder if it would be popular here? Mieko, is the food considered a better quality in a department store? Jan

Mieko said...

Jan Sorry to be late for your comments. I've been cold, though I'm getting better.
I think departments in japan try do deal with better quality goods. So departments exist.
We can get fresh veggies at supermakerts nearby, especaily our local veggies. BUT we can get more various veggies at department stores. And we have no sea. Though some fish shop deal mith deal with good quailty fish, the easiest way to get good fish is going to departmentsores.