Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday

It is the last day of these consecutive holidays, though Yuki went to work as usual.
Yesterday, it was his birthday, now he is 50. 30 years have passed since we knew each other.
For breakfast I served home made cake, and his favorite fish salad, and he went to work.
He got e-mails from our daughters. "Happy birthday,GANBATTENE ( do your best , hang in there, or good luck, or take it easy)"

He is doing GANBATTERU. We want to tell our daughters to GANBATTENE.
I know their lives are theirs, But I want them to have usual life.
What is usual life? It's a difficult question, it seems that when we think about women's life, it's different depends on the generation.
Probably in my mother's generation, women's life means marriage and children.
In my generation, we have tried to work like men while we are bringing up kids.
In their thirties, they have tried to work like men without kids.

and now some? many? young women hope to do a house wife with kids and gentle husband.
They think, it's hard to work and bring up kids on the same time.

I'm not familiar with politics, and I don't have keen eyes to watch the current situation.
But I understand the feeling of the ladies in their 20's.
On the other hand I hope our daughters work as a career woman, or pursue their aim.

Well, well, it's not a good talking on his birthday.
Now fortunately he works at a company as a busy businessman. But next generation come. we are thinking about our 60's life.

Though it has nothing to do with his birthday, the sound "r" of "bonjour" is completely different of pronunciation "R" in English, isn't it?

No comments: