Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm in Japan

Of course, I'm in Japan, but not in old Japan, in modern Japan.Many or some people think Japanese people wear KIMONO, Japanese men have CHONMAGE --- these things are old things. And for me I know these things on books.
So when I have a chance to see such old things, I'm always surprised, and really interested in them. These things are new things for me not only foreign people. They don't give me nostalgic feel. The other day Yuki and I joined a bus tour to go to TOKYO, and we saw some "new" things.


At Meiji shrine, we saw a typical Japanese bride.
Oh, this style is not new thing for me, I had nostalgic feel, because I wore such KIMONO at my wedding.
In Asakusa, some women (probably they were not tourists) were riding JINRIKISYA. In Japan,cabs were not used. I don't know why? Probably the roads were too narrow to run cabs.

And at Sensou temple we saw some Maiko san. I didn't know whether they were Maiko san or Geisha san. But they looked young, so probably they were Maiko san.





We went to TSUKIGI for the first time. Yuki ate UNI-don . I found lots of interesting things, and the most interesting thing is Sushi Cap.








Later, I'll write about food we ate.

2 comments:

Tamara Marnell said...

Once I saw a clip of a Japanese television show featuring your standard issue American from 1800. He was roasting meat over a fire in the middle of a Tokyo park dressed in an outrageous ten-gallon hat and frilly leather suit...I was in shock. I imagine that's what it feels like for you to see ninjas all over American media.

Anonymous said...

>He was roasting meat over a fire in the middle of a Tokyo park dressed in an outrageous ten-gallon hat and frilly leather
suit...

I can hear may people saying "Oh, He is a real American".