Saturday, August 28, 2010

How many times do you say or are you told?

As you know, I like reading the newspaper. I read an interesting article.
"20 times a month", can you guess what?
And another number is "15 times during the summer vacation".

Mothers who have 9 or ten years old kids say to their kids "Do study!" about 20 times a month.

And during the vacation the kids are said by their mothers "Did you do (today's)summer homework ?" about 15 times during their summer vacation.

So, How many times do you say this question (if you are mothers) to your kids? or how many times are you told it by your mothers?

Well, I was a kid, I have never been told it by my mother -- because "I was a perfect kid" ( of course, it's a joke.)

And to my kids, I tried to say that instead of this question "Let's study together". While they were studying, I helping them or I was also studying English. According to my behavior, my daughters seem not to like studying. So my elder daughter went to art college, and my younger daughter studies interior architecture.

Today's wordbox quiz is here,

1.zig counterpart
2.time since birth
3.golly

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

A phrase I'm most familiar with! :)
It seems I say "have you finished your homework" 20 times a day at least, in the beginning of school year. I have found the easiest routine to follow with my boys (as my daughter is not yet old enough for traditional kindergarten) is to do their homework as soon as they arrive home from school and before any playing with friends or relaxing takes place (actually it's a rule in our home) so this has to be re=established at the start of each school year as we don't have any school work requirement for the summer months. Although, I think it is a far better idea to have the students continue to do school work, as you do in Japan, as it is a little hard to transition from all play back to routine of school and "work" each August. However, a few months into the school year I say it much less.....like 10 times a day ;) Also, I got 1.Zag and
3. Gee, fairly quick, but number 2 I was a bit stumped, ask my oldest son he said AGE right away! I said..aha, yes I think that's it..then I thought, why didn't I get that?? :)

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Tarrah08
20 times a day, even it is the beginning of school year.
Thouth it seems to be too much a little, I agree with you it is good to make a habit to do homework constantly.