Sunday, January 16, 2011

snow, library and Gumbo

How was your weekend? (or how is your week end?)
When I got up this morning, ---- snow. It was the first snow this winter in this area. So most of golf courses are closed. Lucky for me. Because I had to go to a library to help a member of my reading club to read books to kids. And this winter Yuki only put winter tires on one car of two of us. So today he was a chauffeur. We went to a library, and after the reading time we went to a mall. We ate OKONOMIYAKI, and did shopping.

Fortunately, the snow of main streets almost melted until 2. So Yuki went golf practice. I organized our entrance hall for February instead of New Year's Days.
And today's dinner is "Gumbo". We prepared sausage, shrimp and "OKURA". I cooked it according to the instruction back of the bag.
Looks good. Yuki seemed to like it. For me, it is spicy, and I want more sour taste. I saved half of roux of the bag. So next time I'll add some fresh tomatoes.
Is "OKURA" in Japan the same size as your OKRA?


No comments: