Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pecan, browny and chatting



Yesterday I baked brown with pecan which Jam sent to me.
"Pecan" , it was the first time that I saw, and I ate. It looks like walnuts, but sweeter. And actually according to Wikipedia Walnuts and pecans are in the same group, and pecans are sweeter and more milk-ish than walnuts. Additionally pecans have the most fat in all nuts.

Yesterday morning one adult came to take my lesson, and in the evening two friends came to "chat" together, and today another adult will come to take my lesson. So I baked. Until now it has a good reputation. I served browny and some pecans themselves. And of course they take out them.

Yesterday's chatting was very very long, and fun. One of them came here about at four PM. Another joined us about at 6 PM. And everybody left here about at 10. So it was more tough day than my usual day. 7 years passed since I talked with one of them. Now both of three (including) live with their husband. Their children left home and are independent (though my daughters are not independent yet).
They are little bit older than I, it means they started to think about their husbands' retirement. And they are ( a little ) worried about their kid's marriage. (All kids are single)

On the other hand they enjoy their "hobby".
I had forgotten their hobby --- it was buying clothes.
So they really enjoyed this January sale. On the other hand I'm not so intereseted in clothes.

I said to them "MOTTAINAI, wasteful, both of you don't need more clothes, you look in the same shape as before."
they said to me "MOTTAINAI, wasteful to have 5500 yen lunch with your husband."

Every one has an own life, and every one has an own sense of worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko, I'm laughing this morning about your MOTTAINAI comments! I guess PRIORITIES are the same everywhere...most people do not "have it all" so they have to choose (and sacrifice) what is important to them. Sounds as though you didn't run out of conversation with your friends! Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, you really know the meaning of word "MOTTAINAI", so you are able to guess the atmosphere there. Well, the most intereseting topic among us is "our grave". These days a situation of visitng graves, keeping graves, or buying graves is changing in Japan. All of us don't bother our graves to our kids.