Saturday, January 22, 2011

hartwarming, and amazing!

I read a heartwarming posting on today's newspaper.
When you give up your seat to an elderly or weak person if she or he refuse the offer, what will you do? Some people stay on the seat, or some people stand and leave the seat. Anyway the atmosphere will not be so good.
A lady tried to give up her seat to an elderly lady. (I'm not sure which lady is actually elder, it sometimes causes a problem) And the elderly lady refuse the offer. (Probably the elderly lady doesn't think she is not old enough to be given up the seat.) So the lady said "OK, let's play JANKEN (stone, sizzlers, rock)" with a good smile. So they did. And the lady lost. so the lady said "I lost, so the seat is yours, here you are." The elderly lady sat down.

Until I read here, I thought "She (the lady) has a sense of humor, what a nice lady she is!" But the posting is continued.
The poster said that if the lady won, she would say "I won, so please accept my offering."

I didn't think of it. The poster has also a good sense of humor, doesn't she?

Well, well, another posting.
It was introduced on CNN students News program.
Let me introduce this JAZZ pianist to you as one of music lovers.
(In this case Jazz means to play music with inspiration.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "jazz musician" was great! The dog really seemed to connect with the piano and music. Jan

Mieko said...

I thing he is a Jazz musician, he seems to depart from the score to improvise.