Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper work exhibition

Yesterday Yuki and I went to Tokyo to see an exhibition where our elder daughter joined. The day before yesterday our younger daughter came back here. So three of us went to TOKYO by train, and we met my mother at SHIBUYA station, and went to JIYUUGAOKA where the exhibition has been held.

My mother doesn't get to use to coming to SHIBUYA station that is always crowded, so we were worried whether she would come alone or not. But fortunately we could meet each other without troubles. (My mother isn't an adventurous woman about going out alone.)


Before going to the exhibition we had lunch at a small French restaurant. My mother could eat everything, it means she seemed to like the restaurant. It is difficult to make her satisfy with foods because she has a spacial taste for foods. So I was really happy for her to eat all of them. The purposes of this trip to TOKYO were to see the exhibition, and to be filial to her.




And we went to see the exhibition. At the entrance two paper goats welcomed us. --- Because the theme of this exhibition was "paper works" -- and goats love paper (probably.)


This time , my daughter's work was not so big. The them was "curtain". She didn't seem to have enough time to make her work. It can't be helped. Now her main job is to assist her professor and students. Not an artist. Anyway she made this paper by herself, and added some processing (According to her the process is said to be difficult.)







She wrote a poem with this work. (This poem got a good reputation)
I'll translate it, though I don't use suitable and sophisticated English words (she used sophisticated Japanese words,I thought).
curtain
Something is getting through my eyelids little by little, so I can't help but open my eyes slightly.
The day behind the curtain is soft, brightly, enjoyable and cool.
It wiped up the dirt of yesterday. Yesterday it was dirty, but warm and lovely.
I feel to be still in the dirt and be swimming in the dirt.
The curtain is swirling.
My hands started to move slowly.
I turned my back on the curtain with sunbeam.
I ignored the room which welcomed the sunbeam and started to be filled with soft and white color.
I hugged the sheet which has still lots of smell of the dirty of last night.
After that, we dropped by a pottery shop.
And of course we dropped by a cake shop.
And Yuki and I came back with a box of cake.
Can you see the cake of Mont Blancs?
The cake shop we went was the first cake shop to introduce Mont Blancs into Japan.
And this cake shop had full of memories for my mother and me.
When I was a kid, I used to come here once or twice a week to take hard piano lessons. Sometimes I could buy some cake here and it was one of my pleasure.

No comments: