Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's day

On my daughter's honor --- they never forgot "mother's day".
In the afternoon T(my elder daughter) called me.
---------
I'm in GINZA, now I sent HARRODS tea & jam. M(my younger daughter) is too busy to come here, but "we" sent them to you. Happy Mother's day!
--------
In Japan we have a HARRODS outlet in GINZA. Probably it is only one direct-managed shop in Japan. Since Yuki bought HARRODS breakfast tea at an airport in the UK, it's been my favorite.

But it's a little bit expensive. So I'm very happy to get it as a present to me.
I'm looking forward to their arriving.

In the morning Yuki and I went downtown. Two (small) events were held. If we were in Tokyo every weekend we could meet some kinds of events in downtown. (In Tokyo they have lots of downtowns.) Here in Utsunomiya, not so many.

One event was GRURI-ICHI, small local food and grocery shops opened their stalls. My favorite bagel shop was one of them. though in 40 minutes later it opened, all bagels were sold out. Anyway I'm glad that such small local shops (usually their owners are young) are challenging to cheer up this small city.

Another event was a cocktail festival. Local pubs and clubs opened their stalls. And local musicians played music. The jazz club where Yuki played the piano or guitar once a month opened a stall.

The downtown itself, unfortunately, was not so crowded, so it was easy to park the car. BUT these festivals were so crowded. Many people are living there including us, so I want this town to be more active.

Well, we bought INCA-KOLA, made in Peru. --- The color was "yellow". But this "KOLA" was produced by coca- cola company.












Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: