Sunday, May 29, 2011

I made dry-rub

The other day a Thai lady came to my house and had lunch together. In the morning I was a little bit busy, so I had to have thought about something "unusual"(for Japanese) and "easy" to cook on the night before.
"Dry rub" and "grilled chicken".


These days the drawer in my kitchen is getting full of herb and spice. So I tried to make "dry rub". It was easier than I thought. And I rub it on the chicken.




I baked it on the day when she came.


Perfect!!







This time I used commercial BBQ sauce; the meat guy BBQ sauce. Do you know it?
For Yuki and me it was an overseas taste, though for her it seemed to be only a good taste. Some people may recommend to make BBQ sauce on my own. I know it's a good idea, but --- I can't be bothered. I'd like to have other kinds of commercial BBQ sauce. What commercial sauce do you recommend, though I don't know whether I can get the one in Japan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is an "overseas taste?"

Mieko said...

What I wanted to write was unfamiliar taste for Japanese, not soy-sauce taste, or foreign country taste. Ketchup doesn't include soy sauce, but the taste is familier to us. But the taste of this BBQ sauce is a new taste for me.