Thursday, December 07, 2017

This is "the" slow life for elderly women

Before I started Laugther Yoga at home, the  elderly women's lives I know are my mother's, my mother-in-law 's and  Ms.J ( she must say that I'm not a elderly woman).
My mother tends to immure herself in her house, my mother-in-law living in an elderly care center attends regular events which are hold at the center, even though she doesn't go out. And Ms. J is always active and do something more than me while she enjoys doing house chores including cooking, cleaning, and gardening.
 
One reason why I started laughter yoga was to offer a place for elderly people walk out.
HOWEVER --- the women who come to my laughter yoga seem to be very active, even though they don't go out far (because they don't drive themselves).
They are active so they come to my house.  Or they are afraid to get immured, so they come.
 
Usually three or four ladies come. They are in their 70's and their late 60's.
Two ladies live with their husbands, so there are just two members, and their relatives don't live near them. Though the other lady also lives with her husband, her son's family lives next door, and she and her husband usually care for their 4 grand children from the evening.
Despites of the number of their family, all of the ladies enjoy "cooking" while grumbling.
 
A lady said "I pickled a whole of Chinese cabbage".
I asked "Is it too big for you of two to eat it up?"
She said "It is Ok, of course fresh pickled Chinese cabbage tastes good, and too much pickled Chinese cabbage is also tasty when they are fried.
 
A lady said "I minced the all leaves of a big Japanese radish"
I asked "Was it troublesome? and can you eat it up?"
She said "listening to TV (not watching) , I did it, so it was not troublesome. And we always sprinkle some on the rice, so we take enough vitamin, and it is easy for us to eat it up."
 
The other lady said "I dried 5 Japanese radish".
I said "Wao-----"
 
All of tasks I mentioned are troublesome for me, however I have to reconsider my attitude.
 

No comments: