Thursday, April 12, 2018

seasnoal word 0412 schoolchild's backpack



 
We call this bag RANDOSEL.
Its origin seems to be in Germany.
Now it is one of Japanese cultural things.
I know, it is heavy.
I know, it is not so inexpensive.
However this bag is continuing to be used.

When I was a child, or my daughter were child, they used to have two types, black ones, and red ones. Of course black ones for boys, and red ones for girls.
Usually it is sent from grandparents to their grandchildren.
It was easy to choose, just considering the cost.

Nowadays, they have various colors, so we can't deny to hear the favorite of their grandchildren.

RANDOSEL, it got difficult for grandparents to chose one, because of various colors
RANDOSEL, it got heavy again, because of the change of education system.

When I was a girl, I remember it was very heavy.
And when my younger daughter was a girl, the weight of the bag seemed to get lighter, because the education system of Japan changed. They didn't need to take a lot of textbooks to school.
And currently the education system has also changed or to go back to our area.
It means the weight of the bag seems to get heavy.

Yesterday, in this area the entrance ceremony to elementary school was hold.
I saw many parents and children wearing a nice suit.

No comments: