Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday has started

 
Finally my elder daughter left Japan, and now she is in the U.S.A.
You might say "what are doing parents! " , we saw her off at Narita airport.
 
Well, we didn't attend her entrance ceremony and graduation ceremony of the university.
Many parents attend them in Japan. At that time I was said "how cool you are!" and "how independent your daughter is!".
 
Going to a Narita airport was a kind of a short trip for us.
Luckily now we can go there by highway roads all the way. It takes about 2 hours and more by car.
 
We left home around 4:30, and see her off there around 8:30.
And Yuki and I had brunch there --- Japanese style rice soup.

 
And on the way home, we dropped by a famous Japanese curry restaurant.

 
It was a good trip.
 


3 comments:

Helen said...

It must be a bit sad and a bit happy to see off your daughter. It probably means a lot to her that you and your husband made the trip to say goodbye though. When I came to Japan a friend of mine drove to the airport to see me off and it really made me happy. My brother-in-law and my sister had to work that day. My BIL dropped me off at the airport, but couldn't wait with me.

I haven't been to Narita for a few years! These days I try to fly out of Haneda as it is more convenient for me.

Your rice soup looks good, and so does the curry.

Have a good week!

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments.
From Yamagata, it must be easy to use Haneda. Probably you go there by Shinkansen, don't you?
Rice soup is "ochazuke" , to you use "ochazukeno no moto" of "maharani en". It is the easiest and quickest way to make it.

Helen said...

When I go to Canada from here, I usually fly from my local airport, Shonai. We don't have the Shinkansen here :-( It's so much easier to fly. It takes 8-10 hours to fly to Canada, a long train trip on top of that is too much!