Saturday, April 15, 2023

troubleshotter 0414

It is raining, today. Both of us are staying home. Yesterday's advise colum was interesting. (in English version it is called troubleshooter )

I tried to translate it in English.

I’m in my 20’s. Is it strange that I don’t have any dream?

Advice seeker

I’m in my 20’s and a part-timer. My cousin who is 8 years older than me said that I’m strange because I don’t have any dream. Then I feel gloomy and her saying is my stress.

My cousin is a daughter of my mother’s elder brother. When we were young, our relationship was bad. Since our grandmother died, we have talked friendly. 

The other day when we talked together, she asked me if I had a dream. I said “no”. She said “it is strange you don’t have any dream. You should have what you want, or an aim. Put yourself together”. I felt like being lectured by her.

I know I tend to be realistic. Reality is more important for me than dream. I’m doing my best to focus on today and tomorrow. I can’t afford to make time to think about my dream and future.

Is it strange that I don’t have any dream?



Adviser Mr.Ogawa (a philsopher)

“Do people need to live with having a dream?” The answer depends on people. I think there are three ways for people to live depending on which time they focus on ; past, current or future. 

The first one is to focus on their past. If you have really good experiences, it might be all right. But if you regret your past, I don’t recommend to live focusing on your past.

The second one is to focus on their future. In this case you need to have dream. Because you live and make an effort for your dream.

The third one is to face the present and live now. In this case you don’t need to have dream. Because you can live this moment without thinking your future. 

I know, people who enjoy the moment are different from people who live hardly at the moment. But German philosopher Martin Heidegger, in 20 centuries said that all three ways are proper way to live for people.

So, people who live hardly at the moment like you, I'd say it's not necessarily necessary to have dream. You don’t care such a thing. You will be fulfilled with your current life and enjoy your usual days more.

---------------
Well, I think nowadays, the number ofpeople who don't have a (big) dream is increasing, because of this unstable world.
So it is all right to do the best every day.
Thinking about myself, I have been a negative or conservative person since I was a high school student. (Before it, I don't remeber because I was too young)
And thking about my current situation, we don't know what happnes tomorrow (to be more specific, when we visit our mothers to care), so we do the best what we can do today.
Well, today's our mission is "spending lazy". Additionally I did my weekend mission "10 things discarding".

No comments: