Thursday, March 26, 2009

travel to Aiken in America -6-


There are full of nature. Something are wild, something are planted. The combination is really good. We see the state tree of palm, camellias, dogwoods, magnolias, and spireas -- I forgot the name of this pink one.



We also have these tress (even in my small garden), but something is different. Probably they all have "bright green", and We have "dark green". Even pine trees, their needle-shaped leaves are very long, and the dry-leaves are really right brown.






Unfortunately the blooming season is later. But we could imagine how beautiful they will bloom in spring. As soon as I came home I talk one of my friends, who loves gardening, on the phone. I told "There are Knock Out Roses". She really envied me. The kind was made in U.S.A. And in Japan we have information, but not so many people get the roses in their garden yet.






There are many kinds of magnolias. We call big magnolia TAIZANBOKU. In my mother's house there used to be two big trees. So I bought artificial magnolia to remain Aiken, and my mother's garden everyday.
And here and there we heard birds singing.
I knew the name of humming bird through picture books. They have lots of humming birds. And I saw, woodpeckers, doves, crows(these are smaller and cuter than Japanese crows), and I saw "cardinals" for the first time. They are really cute. I love them.

No comments: