Friday, September 25, 2009

Well, well, well,

A friend sent me how cook the inside of the huge pumpkins.
Actually, I was thinking "what should I do?" after cut them.
Anyway this week, I show these pumpkins to my students, and next week we try to cut them, and--- probably I suggest my students to take the inside to their mother.

But she(my friend) said the follow thing in the end of the e-mail.
"Truthfully, I usually just use them as a decoration, like you are doing, and throw them away because I feel they are too old to eat by the time I'm finished as a decoration."

It's true. I don't know how log the pumpkins are left on the field of the farmer, and at least I put them for two weeks outside.

Well, well, well, this photo is , yes, tissue.
As you know Lea stays with us, and another foreigner comes to this city from the same group of Lea. She comes from German. The other day she said to Lea
"Did you notice? Japanese tissue is double, in German we usually have double.How about your country?"

Lea seemed to be surprised, because she's never pay attention on tissue.
Me neither. I checked. Yes, the tissue in my house was double.

Well, Well, Well, Well,
though I said I didn't pay attention on tissue, actually I pay attention on toilet paper.
We have two toilet. The toilet on the second floor, its water pressure is low. So we use single toilet paper. but single toilet paper is a little bit hard, so the toilet on the second floor is washlet toilet with warm seat.
On the other hand, the toilet on the first floor is usual toilet with warm seat, and we can use single or double toilet paper.It is trouble some to buy different toilet paper, so usually single toilet paper is settled.
(Do you know washlet toilets with warm seat, some people who come to my house are surprised.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Japanese toilets are unique to much of the rest of the world and are quite expensive to purchase here in America. (I have heard up to $1000). I think most Americans wonder why the toilets are so sophisticated and modern yet the "bath" facilities are so inconvenient and "basic!" >G> All types of tissues here are double strength, including paper towels. Although less expensive, when using single layer tissue you end up using twice as much.

Anonymous said...

Do paper towels even double strength??? I thought they were shingle layer even in America.

Anonymous said...

It is called 2-ply and is considered double strength. There is "single ply" but they disintergrate when you try to use them with very much liquid spills.