Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wendnesday's topic

Yesterday, it was very very hot even though it's in June and in rain season. It was the first time to turn on the air conditioner in the class room. And I put electrical fans in each room.
Today's theme was "classmates". We talked about our old friend who went to go to high school together.

Do you still keep in touch with your friends from high school? If so, how often do you hear from then? How often do you see them?
Have you ever been to a high school reunion? If so, what was it like? If not, would you like to go to one? why or why not?

I still keep in touch with some female friends, mainly by exchanging e-mails. And I exchange new year cards with many friends including some male friends. My class in the third grade of high school hold a reunion once a year, and our homeroom teacher who is 80 years old join us. Unfortunately I seldom attend it because it is usually held in Tokyo at Sunday night.

Though I sometimes go to TOKYO, I have no chance to talk with them. Most of my classmates live in "TOKYO", but TOKYO is too wide to meet each other instantly. So I have little chance to manage to meet my friends.

On the other hand my mother HIROKO-san who is 78 years old, she holds a small reunion once a year with her classmates of university. --- probably 6 alumnae. Each time they seem go to their favorite sushi restaurant.

Yuki hasn't attend such reunions. Because his high school reunion holds for all students in the same grade (Probably there were more than 200 students), it means it's too big. So he only exchanged new year cards with some classmates.
On the other hand, the other day he joined a kind of reunion. The members were people who joined the company in the same year. More than 25 years passed since they started to be their life as businessmen. They seemed talked each other about their younger days.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I do keep in touch with some people from my high school. My best friend and I met in high school, and we email and write quite often. Some of my other classmates I keep in touch with through Facebook nowadays.

I did go to my 10th year High School Reunion. It was fun, but a lot of people didn't go. It was a little sad how many of my classmates had lost hair! It was nice to catch up with the people that I liked though.

We didn't have a 20th or 25th high school reunion as the first one lost money. I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway now that I live over here.

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments Helen? "Face book", yes these days it's a useful way to keep contact with old friends. I started it recently, because one guest who stayed about 15 years ago gave a contact through Facebook.