Tuesday, August 09, 2011

SUCCESSFUL!


First, let me show my gratitude to some friends who probably come to see this blog. "thank you for coming and listening to our music"

In the morning my friend Naomi and I went through the rehearsal in her house. After we grabbed sandwiches, we went to KARAKU.
We were really surprised, because the parking lot was "full". Actually I invited some friends, but I can count them all one hand.
All of them managed to come to listen to our concert in such a hot day.

We started with Italian classical songs, because Naomi's major was Italian classical songs.
And now she mainly sings in a choir as a pro classical singer. Since we met each other more than 15 years passed.
After I introduced her to the audience, main stage opened. She sang some typical Japanese old songs with my piano. The audience seemed to be in their 60's or much older. So I think they really enjoyed our music.
And the ending was YAGIBUSHI. This song was born in TOCHIGI prefecture (my city UTSUNOMIYA is in TOCHIGI). I wanted to play something connected with this area, so I chose it. Usually it is played by Japanese traditional instruments, but I played it by piano. Everyone seemed to enjoy this song beating time with their hands. This youtube is orginal YAGIBUSHI.





No comments: