Saturday, May 12, 2012

People in Aiken

I'm not familiar with politics in Japan, ( or to tell the truth I'm not so interested in politics in Japan, I just do what I can do. So I pay taxes obediently)
So, I don't know about politics in America. But it seems to be an evident fact that America is a society with a big income gap.
According to the (Japanese) news paper, in America.  The income of 1% richest people account for 17% of national income. and the income of 10% richest people account for 50% of national income. ( I hope these sentences make sense.)

Anyway people I met in Aiken are all friendly and energetic.
In downtown I went to a tea shop and attended tea tasting. There Japanese tea was served, some ladies asked about Japanese tea very friendly, and some of them bought Japanese tea "Sencha".
At Martlye beach I met Jan & Nick's friends. They enjoy their retired lives with "Smart" car. though they also have a big car.

Roads are very wide, Benz looks small there. So "Smart" car looks tiny. Here in Japan Benz looks very big, and I've wanted "Smart" car, though it's expensive. (Cars are big, roads are wide, and even people are big.) I never saw people in hurry. The sky seems to be higher than in Utsunomiya.
Women are energetic and outgoing. If I spoke English fluently, I couldn't have spoke like them.
Men are outgoing and comfortable with people. Sometimes I find the word "a solitary death" on the news paper. Does this word exist in Aiken?
Well, well, let me return to talk about food. In the lesson yesterday, "Pork chop" appears on our text book. So I showed this photo.
Thanks to Jan & Nick, we had a good vacation. Jan, next time it's your turn to come to Japan, and let's go to HOKKAIDOU.





No comments: