Friday, May 11, 2012

At a supermarket in Aiken (food 6)

Browsing a supermarket is fun, isn't it. (I was scolded by Jan, because I wasn't on the place I had to wait for her. Sorry.)
Sushi seems to be popular in America, even in a small town like Aiken, Sushi is sold at a supermaket.


But, what are these??????
Are they familiar in your country???? It must be a kind of SUSHI-ROLL.
We also have a big roll, but it's different. I think this type will be popular if they come to Japan.

Anyway everything is big. Herb is sold in a flowerpot.

I found Japanese eggplant seedlings. Do you know the meaning of "ICHIBAN"?  It means "the First"or "the most".  But I don't know its actual meaning. They might be the smallest eggplants, or they might be the most delicious egg plants.
Do you know what this is? It's a discount card or member's card of the supermarket. What a small card it is!!! Here everybody drives a car, so it makes sense that they attach such cards to a key chain.
Our member's cards are as large as  business cards or credit cards. So we usually  put the cards in a wallet.



No comments: