Thursday, November 09, 2017

Two art museums

Last week we had a national holiday which is called "culture day".
Though Yuki went to work as usual, and I had lessons from the afternoon as usual, I was free in the morning. BECAUSE the gym I go was closed.
And it is "culture day", so the entrance fee of public museums  were free.
I visited two museums ( there are two public museums here in Utsunomiya), even though they were short visits.
 
At Tochigi prefectural museum, two artists both of whom were born in Tochigi, and were not so famous, were introduced. The museum is in downtown, and it has enough parking lot. However not so many people visited there. And the people who visited there were mainly elderly and wearing casual wears Most of them seemed to drop by there on the way of their walking. 
 
 
 
 
Another museum is Utsunomiya city museum.
This museum seems to be evaluated high in the art world (according to my daughter.)
And now they hold an exhibit of Edward Gorey. The reason why I visited there was the entrance fee was free, however some people seem to go out of their way to see this exhibition paying entrance fee.
This place is a little bit far from Utsunomiya station, so, I'm very surprised some people came wearing neat clothes from other prefectures.


 
The author is also famous as an illustrator  of picture books. So some families also visited there.
People who love arts go out to their way to visit museums in Tokyo in neat clothes.
Here in Tochigi --
It was interesting not only to see works but also to watch people.
 

Near this museum, Karaku is there. So I dropped by Karaku to eat lunch.
The photo is just toast, but of course, the master served salad, sweets and coffee with it.
Lucky me!





No comments: