Tuesday, May 14, 2019

How much herbs are becoming popular in your country?

Herbs, are probably kind of grasses, some of are used for food, some of are used for medicine, and others are --- ???

Here in Japan "herb" is called "hah-bu"in Katakana Japanese. I thought they are popular among young adults.
However they are getting popular among all generation.

I was really surprised that in the news paper which are mainly read by middle and senior adults, "herb crosswords" appeared.




In this crosswords, there was only a kind of  herbs I don't know.
It was Angelica, however -- Oh I've known it, as an ingredient for baking.
One reason I knew all of them is that I studied medical herb.
But, probably Yuki also knows many of them, because most of them are involved our usual life in cooking, gardening, tea world, and "health" world.
We were really surprised at it.

licorice, parsley, allspice, caraway, coriander,
tarragon, chive, roquette , rhubarb, borage, roselle,
Angelica, calendula, nasturtium, savory, fennel, marjoram, basil
Chinese hawthorn, Korean perilla

Have you ever heard of all these names?

Now in my garden, peppermints have been growing. I've already started to use then for my special blended herb tea.




Also to prevent my herbs to grow bigger, I always cut and put them into the vase.


No comments: