Sunday, July 17, 2011

a flower of kumquat



I thought that this year my tree of kumquat wouldn't put flowers because last year it had lots of flowers and this spring I trimmed it too much.


But, this morning I noticed it has a flower and some buds.
I hope it'll have more flowers.


Anyway it's hot. Yesterday we talked about cicadas. Though it's really hot, we don't hear cicadas yet. The time cicadas pushed out from the ground is not decided by the temperature in summer, by the temperature in winter. The winter was usual so, probably cicadas will come out end of July.

Yesterday a big event was finished with successful, though unfortunately we didn't have much audience --- about 40 people including stuff.
About 16 abroad students came and talked about their own countries in Japanese or in English.
Some junior high school students came. I talked them about a role of English as an international language.
No native English speaker was there. Their communication was done in English --- there are Japanese English, Mongolian English, Chinese English, Spanish English, French English, Russian English.

No comments: