Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pirates of Caribbean



Have you already seen the latest and last series of Pirates of Caribbean?
Unfortunately I haven't seen it yet. I don't often watch TV, see movies (including rented DVDs), so I seldom go to the movies. But I saw all series of Pirates of Caribbean, because my friend is into Johnny Depp. She is a really busy woman, so we don't have enough time to see the movie together.






But now, I'm thinking to go to see the latest movie alone ---- because---

yesterday, I attend a book club meeting and discussed about the book "Pirates of Caribbean, Penguin readers". The discussion recalled me of the first series of the movie. And I thought to see the last movie. Because the MC of the meeting seemed to be very impressed to see it.


Well, well, do I go to the movie alone? Probably the friend won't have time to see the movie together for a while. How about Yuki? I know he shows a little interest to the movie. and if I go to the movies together, we can get a "senior couple" discount. Usually the adult fee is 1500yen, but if one person in a couple is over 50, they can watch a movie for 2000 yen. ( I think it's strange , why only a couple? I wish the rule would be applied to the pair, either of which is over 50.) One ploblem is that Yuki doesn't see any of this serise. When he will finish to see all series of this, probaly the latest movie will have alreday finished at a theater.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have different movie interests so often either one of us goes alone if we particularly want to see something. I usually go in the afternoon and he goes on an evening when I'm out playing bridge. (he likes war, crime, mystery and I like light-hearted, comedy, romance) We have "senior" rates and I believe afternoons are less expensive than night. My average ticket cost here is about $6 per movie. I hope to see the last Harry Potter movie sometime this week. Jan

Mieko said...

Last night I had no lesson, so I rented a DVD of Harry Potter that was released last yer(maybe), and the latest DVD. And now (today it's Thursday) Yuki is watching it because it's his weekend today. (I have to go out soon.)
So probably we'll be able to see the last Harry Potter together for a "senior" couple price.

Mieko said...

Yesterday, Yuki and I went to see the last Harry Potter at a theater.
I wrote about it on the blog, but unfortunately I can't update it.